Prev Next

Day 572

Flakeys and Fuglys: What Online Dating is All About

There was a bullshit article in my hometown rag, "The New York Times," in which some 30-something wrote what could only be the most bombastic piece of bullshit about her experiences about online dating. I won't go into the details here, but in three short years she dated 80 different men, went on lots of madcap adventures, and lived to recount them here.

She went to the same university as me (albeit, 30 years later), but I know this place has a reputation for generating people who know how to sling copious amounts of bullshit (including myself and many of my friends), so it didn't surprise me one bit.

I've been giving OkCupid another shot, now that I'm past the kidney stones, although who knows what things will be like in the fall when I start radiation treatment for my cancer. But I don't care: hunt for a woman I must.

I must say, the field is pretty much split 90/10, with 90% of the women falling well into the "fugly" category (that's "####### ugly," if you're not into the portmanteaus of dating lingo.) The other 10% are presentable, but they're all flakes: they have nothing or too much to say.

Hot mess....

  • 126 Readers       3 Comments      

Hide Comments (3)

  • miranda_b miranda_b
    4 months ago

    That’s been my experience as well... though instead of fuglies I have yar dudebros. Up-the-nostrils car selfies, holding up big dead fish, dirt bikes, cowboy hats, and guns.

    Advice Rating:

  • RavDiablo RavDiablo
    4 months ago

    Believe it or not, I've actually seen women's profiles with these things!

    Advice Rating:

  • miranda_b miranda_b
    4 months ago

    Hahaha! Lid for every pot I guess.
    All the more reason I hate online dating. I’m none of those things, I’m totally datable (at least until you find out about the level of my crazy y’all know here) and yet I still get nowhere.

    Advice Rating:

You need to be registered or signed in to post a comment

Register

Welcome to Pencourage.

|

Dismiss Notification

Back To Top